Children In Need, Inc. is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization founded in December 1998 to provide children in Washington County, MD the necessities needed for learning. CIN serves more than 1,104 client families, including 2,700 children.
Our Mission/Vision Statement
To provide each Washington County, MD child living at or below the federally recognized poverty level essential items and educational supplies to ensure their success in school.
To give Washington County children an equal opportunity to learn, grow, and become productive citizens. To raise community awareness, raise funds and provide resources.
Our Executive Director
Anne Martin – Anne has been an employee with Children in Need since January of 2007, managing the day to day operations of the non-profit organization and its 60+ volunteers. Anne owned a drapery manufacturing company, Anne Martin Interiors, from 1985 to 2007. She is the recipient of the Golden Apple Award from Washington County Public Schools and was the 2010 Woman of the Year from the Hagerstown Business & Professional Women’s Club. She is a graduate of Frostburg State University and of Leadership Washington County, Class 25.
Our Board of Directors
- Tracy Barlup, Longmeadow Animal Hospital
- Danny Cobb, Engineer, Northrop Grumman
- Kristy Hendershot, Owner, Hendershot’s Sporting Goods
- Nick Hill, (BOD Vice President), State of Maryland, Dept. of Public Safety
- Laura Johnson, Brown Benefits
- Donna Long, Hagerstown-Washington County Chamber of Commerce
- Dr. Jamie Nystrom, Professor, Frostburg State University
- Christen Kinman, Engineer, Archdiocese of Baltimore
- Dana Pentoney, (BOD Secretary), WCPS Title I Homeless Education Program Coordinator
- Phil Ridenour, General Manager, Washington County Airport
- Tim Luipersbeck, Hagerstown-Washington County Chamber of Commerce
- Rob Rubisch, Case Manager, Service Coordination Inc.
- Kery Swope, (BOD Treasurer), Albright Crumbacher Moul & Itell
- David Vanderveer, (BOD President), First Data
It is the policy of Children In Need, Inc not to discriminate against any person requesting services, because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, family status, age, national
origin, or disability.